In 2019, at the Institute the researches on 66 topics were carried out, including 36 researches on the departmental topics, 24 on the program-target and competitive topics, and 6 on the contractual topics. The departmental, program-target and competitive researches were financed from the general fund, among which there were 32 tasks for fundamental and 28 tasks for applied research and development works.
The works of program-target and competitive topics include:
- 11 research tasks for 2019-2021 of the target program of scientific research of the NAS of Ukraine called “The intellectual environmentally friendly energy with traditional and renewable energy sources” (“New energy”)”;
- 4 research tasks for 2016-2020 of the target program of scientific research of the NAS of Ukraine called “Reliability and durability of materials, structures, and equipment” (Resource-2);
- 2 research tasks for 2018-2022 of the target complex program of applied research of NAS of Ukraine called “Smart” sensor devices of a new generation based on the modern materials and technologies”;
- 2 research tasks for 2018-2020 of the target program of scientific research of the NAS of Ukraine called “Semiconductor materials, technologies and sensors for technical systems of diagnostics, monitoring and control”;
- 1 research work (grant) for young scientists of the NAS of Ukraine for 2019-2020;
- 1 work on the target interdisciplinary project of the NAS of Ukraine called “Scientific and technical, and economic and environmental foundations of a low-carbon development of Ukraine”;
- 1 research task for 2019-2023 of the target program of scientific research of the NAS of Ukraine called “Nuclear and radiation technologies for the energy sector and public needs”;
- 1 research task for 2018-2019 of the target scientific and technical program of the NAS of Ukraine called “Research and development on the problems of increasing the state defense and security”.
The researches on 7 departmental topics has been successfully completed. The research results on these works were discussed and approved at the meetings of the Academic Council.
Also, the research works under 6 business contracts were carried out and completed in 2019.
Over the past year, 3 dissertations were defended for the degree of Doctor of Technical Sciences and 6 for the degree of Candidate of Technical Sciences.
11 postgraduate students are studying the postgraduate training program off-the-job. 4 students were enrolled in postgraduate training program in 2019.
During the past year, the Institute hired 10 young employees, including one postgraduate student.
In 2019, 7 applications for the inventions and 9 applications for the useful models were filed; 9 decisions on the granting patents of Ukraine for the inventions and 8 for useful models were received. In addition, 1 author’s certificate was obtained for the computer programs and 1 certificate for the databases.
In 2019, scientists of the Institute prepared 9 monographs for printing (118 published sheets) and 3 collections of works (35.5 published sheets).
The issues of the “Technical Electrodynamics” journal are posted on the website www.techned.org.ua. The journal is indexed in such abstract journals as “Dzherelo” (“Source”) (Ukraine) and VINITI RAN (Russian Federation). The electronic edition of the journal can be found in the National Library of Ukraine named after V.I. Vernadskyi. It is also included in the OPEN UKRAINIAN CITATION INDEX database and international databases such as SCOPUS, COMPENDEX, ELIBRARY, EBSCO, PROQUEST, CROSSREF.
The collection “Works of the IED of the NAS of Ukraine” is included in the List of scientific professional publications of Ukraine, category “B”. The collection materials are posted on the Institute’s website www.ied.org.ua. The collection is included in the list of specialized editions of the DPCL of the MES of Ukraine (Department of Personnel Certification and Licensing of the Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine) and is indexed in such scientometric databases as “Dzherelo” (“Source”) (Ukraine) and VINITI RAN (Russian Federation) abstract journals, the national depository “Scientific periodicals of Ukraine”, the electronic library of the National Library of Ukraine named after V.I. Vernadskyi of the NAS of Ukraine (NASPLIB).
In 2019, the scientists of the Institute published 119 articles in domestic and 37 in foreign publications. 94 of these articles were published in professional journals, which are included in the international databases, and 41 abstracts at the conferences. 128 articles were published in the collections and the journal of the Institute of Electrodynamics of the NAS of Ukraine, the the authors of 74 of them are the Institute’s employees.
In 2019 the Institute acted as a co-organizer of the VI International Conference “Intelligent Energy Systems-2019” (2019 IEEE ESS) (Kyiv, April 17 – 19); XXV International Scientific and Technical Conference “Power Electronics and Energy Efficiency” (PEEE-2019) (Kharkiv, September 9 – 13); IV International Scientific and Technical Conference “Smart Technologies in Energy and Electronics – 2019” (STEE-2019) (Lazurne village, Skadovskiy district, Kherson region, August 8 – 23).
Scientific and technical achievements of the Institute were presented at 5 international and 2 specialized exhibitions-presentations, including elcomUkraine exhibitions, “Energy in the industry”, International Forum Innovation Market, etc.
In the reporting year, scientists of the institute were awarded the following awards:
- The State Prize of Ukraine in the field of science and technology in 2018 for the work “Electrotechnological complex of production of ultra-high voltage cable systems” in 2019 was awarded to Corresponding Member of NAS of Ukraine I.P.Kondratenko, Yu.M.Goryslavets and N.I. Suprunovskaya.
- The award. V.M.Khrushchev in 2019 for a series of works “Modeling of multiphysical processes in power transformers and reactors” received O.D.Podoltsev and I.V.Khymiuk.
- O.A.Zaichenko was awarded the Prize of the President of Ukraine for Young Scientists in 2019 for the work “Energy-efficient electrical systems with monitoring and control of operating parameters”.