The Institute of Electrodynamics of the National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine (IER) celebrates its 75th anniversary.
In May 1947, by decision of the Council of Ministers of the Ukrainian SSR, the Institute of Energy of the Ukrainian SSR Academy of Sciences (established in 1939 in Kharkiv) was reorganized into two independent institutes: the Institute of Electrical Engineering and the Institute of Heat and Power Engineering of the Ukrainian SSR Academy of Sciences. By the end of 1947, the Institute of Electrical Engineering fully expanded its work in Kyiv. To date, it has five laboratories with 57 staff members, including 15 researchers, 11 engineers and 5 graduate students. Since then, the history of the Institute of Electrodynamics of the National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine, which received its current name in 1963, practically begins.