Clean Power

Ukrainian (UA)English (United Kingdom)

The National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine


The Institute of Electrodynamics

HISTORY OF THE INSTITUTE

The history of the Institute of Electrodynamics of NAS of Ukraine (IED of NAS of Ukraine) is associated with a creation of the Institute of Energy in 1939, the main research areas of which – efficiency and reliability improvement of electrical power systems – were the basis of scientific activities of the Institute. In 1947 on the basis of the Institute of Energy of AS of Ukrainian SSR two institutes were created, one of which is the Institute of Electrical Engineering, renamed to the Institute of Electrodynamics of AS of Ukrainian SSR in 1963.
Over the years, the scientific staff of the Institute was headed by the leading scientists:


 

1939–1941
 
1947–1952
 
 
 
V.M. Khrushchev
Academician of AS of Ukrainian SSR
 
 
S.O. Lebedev
Academician of AS of Ukrainian SSR
 
 
1952–1959
 
 
1959–1973
 
 
 
A.D. Nesterenko
Corresponding member of AS of Ukrainian SSR
 
 
O.M. Milyakh
Corresponding member of AS of Ukrainian SSR
 
 
 
 
Since 1973 till 2007, the Institute was headed by Anatolii Kornijovych Shydlovskyi, a well-known scientist in the field of electrical engineering and electrical power engineering and the Academician of NAS of Ukraine. Right now he is an honoured director of the Institute.
 
Since 2007, the Institute is headed by Oleksandr Vasylovych Kyrylenko, the Academician of NAS of Ukraine.

Learn more...